Best to see in 1600x1200 pixels
This page gives you access to Bertha Lum's works. For clarity's sake, I have divided this gallery in several subsections.
- Articles: Photos taken from articles on or by Bertha Lum: a picture of her house, but also pictures of prints used to illustrate writings by her daughters.
- Blocks: Photos of the original woodblocks used by Bertha Lum.
- Books: Illustrations from her books.
- The prints signed by her two daughters, Catherine and Peter, although, considering the style, I do suspect that the majority of the works in question were actually drawn by Bertha Lum and only coloured in by the daughters. I use the italics because colouring in prints is a particular and difficult craft, as you can read in the technique section.
- Comparison: This link will lead you to a page which allows you to compare prints by Bertha Lum with some Japanese works or photos.
- Original works, that is to say not prints but original drawings in pencils or more frequently using watercolours.
- The prints catalogued (or not) in the book by Gravelos and Pulin. I have now changed the catalogue numbering of the prints.
- Others: works by Bertha Lum which are not woodblock prints (panel, colored reproductions of book's illustrations, etc.)